Do you play video games? That seems a nonsensical question. In American culture, in particular, is there anyone who hasn’t played a video game? That is the better question. The basic rules of the video game, whatever you are playing, is to get to the next level – to eat the right berries, or pounce on enough white rabbits, or speed passed enough cars, or kill enough creatures. In video games, winning the battle is all about advancing to the next level; without advancement, you are stuck right where you are.
Do you know the same is true with God? God knows how to get us to the next level. He knows how to orchestrate our lives in such a way as to prepare us for Level 10, Level 50, Level 101. The problem arises when we don’t want to do what it takes to advance.
Here are some keys to help you get to the next level with God:
1. Know who is in charge. You’re not and God is. As one of our church ladies puts it, “God is large and in charge.”
2. Praise and worship Him even when things are not working out as you planned. Understand, He’s got a better plan! Follow it!
3. Accept that God can fix the messes in your life if you let Him. So, let go of the reigns. He will steer.
4. Don’t allow Satan to taunt you with discouragement. Press forward. Do what you know to do and let God take care of the rest.
5. Be bold. Never say never. Everything seems impossible until its done. God is the God of impossibility. He has a proven track record. He will pull you out. Believe in Him.
Jeremiah 29:11, “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'”
He’s got the blueprints! Trust Him!