The other day I spoke with a young man who is lost. Having grown up in the church, somewhere around his college years he bought into a worldly view of God and Christ and the Holy Spirit. None of it made sense to him any longer. Score one temporarily for Satan; but remember, Christ always goes after His lost sheep.
You may be contemplating the same things. Maybe you’ve decided Christ isn’t for you or maybe you’ve never even considered Him for your life. Well, I’d like to share with you just some of the promises Jesus Christ offers us when we make the choice to follow Him.
“The perks” of being a believer.
1. Your life, as insignificant as it may seem to you in a world of billions of other people, has meaning, has a purpose, and is loved and adored by the One who created you.
2. You will be given eternal life. The Bible tells us Heaven is a beautiful place.
3. God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit will be with you always.
4. The peace and joy you will experience in knowing Him will not be understandable; but you will know it is there.
5. The people around you will be blessed because of the impact you will have on them.
6. Favor will fall on your life. He will bless your life.
7. He will guide you through every storm, trial, and struggle, and never leave your side.
8. You will become a new and different person.
9. You will be redeemed.
10. Death cannot take you.
John 3:16-17, “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.”
Find Christ – find meaning.